Helping our neighbors
Early yesterday morning, fire broke out at an east Arlington apartment complex, displacing 37 residents and injuring four. According to news reports, the fire was a result of a domestic dispute involving gasoline, and impacted eight apartment units.
Please keep the residents and those injured in your thoughts and prayers.
Upon hearing the news, my district staff went to the complex to offer help to residents and the apartment staff, and to connect with local Red Cross representatives. During their visit, they learned that those who have been displaced were given housing by the apartment’s management. They also learned that other community partners, including Mission Arlington, are working with the Red Cross to help replace what has been lost.
At this point, it’s our understanding that there is no immediate need for specific items to help these House District 101 constituents, but if that changes, we will post information on my Facebook page. Of course, there are other ways you can help our neighbors in need, both those impacted by yesterday’s fire and others who may be facing other challenges.
To help ensure that others remain safe, the Red Cross will be hosting a smoke detector installation event in Arlington on September 30th. If you’re interested in volunteering or learning more, click here. If you would rather help our neighbors in other ways, visit the North Texas Red Crossand/or Mission Arlington websites today.
As always, if you need help from our office, please call 817-459-2800.